The booth School Connections shared with Students for a Greener World was busy at the 2019 GreenEXPO on Sunday, October 20. Thank you to all who stopped by and especially to our student volunteers who helped to spread the word about Green Teams and actions everyone can take every day for the environment.
- Children added leaves to our tree of ideas about how to fight climate change and made pine cone bird feeders.
- We were lucky to have the Newton South Farm as our neighbors. The high school runs a robust farm program, with enthusiastic students. They were selling beautiful vegetables at the fair.
- We learned about gardens that we didn’t know about at Lincoln-Eliot and Franklin.
- Bike Newton expressed interest in connecting the Newton South and Newton North bike clubs to do activities together.
- We heard that the Climate Action group at Newton North (who promoted the March 15th March) is planning another climate action in Boston the Friday after Thanksgiving. They are set to connect with Newton South so both schools collaborate.
It was a great day to connect and confirm that together we are building a more sustainable school community in Newton.