Original post from the Green Cart Chronicle –
Send yourself or your kids off for the day with a zero-waste lunch. This means eliminating any items that cannot be recycled or reused, such as cling wrap and plastic utensils. Instead, opt for reusable lunch containers, utensils, and a reusable water bottle.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A reusable lunch box made of stainless steel, plastic or durable fabric.
- Set of reusable utensils either from home or made from bamboo.
- One reusable cloth napkin.
- Several reusable containers or bags for snacks and sandwiches such as silicone pouches, mason jars, plastic containers with lids, or metal containers.
- A water bottle made of metal, glass, or plastic.
Subscribe to the Green Cart Chronicle – An Update from the City of Newton DPW
Sustainable Materials Management Division