What a year! In spite of everything going on, the Green Newton School Connections team kept going because we need to work together if we are going to make a difference in our community. We continued to meet virtually every month, put together a proposal for the School Committee to include climate change education in its K-12 district-wide goals, and reignited the School Sustainability Working Group. Many school green teams and student groups also can be proud of their accomplishments such as gardening, recycling programs, climate justice webinars and more. All during a pandemic!
While many of you will be taking a much needed and well deserved break this summer, we wanted to post some summer class options just in case you are interested:
- National Geographic Online Professional Development (free!)
- Green School Alliance Climate Action Academy
- Climate Generation Summer Institute
- Green Classroom Professional Certificate
- Spring Forward, a youth-led climate organization, is starting a Youth Ambassadors program for middle school students (free!) / Also consider Working with Spring Forward to bring free, youth-led climate workshops into your school, classroom, camp, or other youth program.
Wishing you all a happy and *healthy* summer vacation. We will meet again on September 2, 2021. See you all then!