Phase 3 Solar Panel Project – Update
- All of the Macquarie solar projects will be scheduled for next spring and summer 2021.
- The projects are likely to be phased as follows:
- Phase 1 – Early Spring- Roof projects at Cabot, Carr, Angier, Williams.
- Phase 2 – Carports at Ed Center, Memorial-Spaulding, Mason Rice, Pleasant Street Parking lot.
- Phase 3 – Summer- Carports at Wheeler Road, Brown, Oak Hill.
- Two Ameresco solar canopy projects at North High School are on schedule. Solar canopies were installed in the two parking lots this summer and the contractor is now completing the electrical work. Four Electric Vehicle charging stations will be included as part of this project, two at each lot.
- Ameresco rooftop projects at the Ed Center, Zervas, and Fire Station #3/HQ have been on line and providing electricity to these buildings since June 2020.
Water fountains and sinks
- Water Bottle Refill Stations – Installed at Lincoln Eliot and Horace Mann. Every school now has at least one.
- Additional Sinks – Installed at Horace Mann as part of a previously planned project. Portable sinks installed in schools identified as needing additional hand washing stations.