WHAT YOU CAN DO
Small habit changes make a big difference.
- Reduce your meat and dairy consumption and choose plant options at least once a week.
- Walk, bike, or take the bus to school. If you drive, try to carpool, and do not leave your engine on while parked!
- Buy less stuff and reuse what you have. Try not ordering from companies like Amazon for 3 months or no new clothes for 6 months.
- Register to vote, be an environmental voter, and be vocal.
- Always use your reusable water bottle and travel mug.
- Reuse your binders and backpack and other school supplies.
WHAT CAN BE DONE AT HOME
Home heating and electricity account for a large portion of fossil fuel use. Talk to others at home about:
1. Signing up for 100% Renewable Electricity at Newton Power Choice, a really easy way to make a huge difference! Find your homers Eversource account# & call 866-968-8065 or visit masspowerchoice.com/newton
2. Signing up for no-cost home energy assessment and insulate/air seal your home. Call 781-305-3319 (select #2 & mention Green Newton) or go to hwe.click/green-newton
Download and print flyer: Take Daily Action Against the Climate Crisis